This Is My Father's World


This Is My Father's World written by Maltbie D. Babcock (1858-1901), sung by Fernando Ortega

This is my Father's world
and to my listening ears,
all nature sings and round me rings
the music of the spheres.
This is my Father's world!
I rest me in the thought
of rocks and trees, of skies and seas--
His hand the wonders wrought.

This is my Father's world--
the birds their carols raise;
the morning light, the lily white
declare their Maker's praise.
This is my Father's world!
He shines in all that's fair;
in the rustling grass I hear Him pass--
He speaks to me everywhere.

This is my Father's world--
O let me ne'er forget
that though the wrong seems oft so strong,
God is the ruler yet.
This is my Father's world!
The battle is not done;
Jesus who died shall be satisfied,
and earth and heav'n be one.

"The earth is the Lord's, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it; for He founded it upon the seas and established it upon the waters." Psalm 24:1-2
 
It's obvious why I named my photo blog here "My Father's World" :).  I truly enjoy and appreciate the marvels of God's ceration all around me.  "The earth is full of His unfailing love." (Psalm 33:5b)   Thank You, Lord, for all the beauty of Your world and the love You have shown us through Your creation!

Comments

Anonymous said…
My all time favorite hymn.
annies home said…
beautiful love this song
Lisa notes... said…
Such a beautiful song. And the video shows off God's wonders. It makes me feel such AWE for Him.
Michelle said…
Beautiful song!
All creation speaks of God's glory.
Cathy said…
That is just beautiful. We both posted the same hymn. :)
Lauren said…
I love this song. Thank you, Lord.